Private Health Associations of America
Home About Us Our Services Important Reading Very Important Information Contact Us

How to Employ Yourself

You probably noticed a trend toward rising insurance premiums for self-employed people. This trend is expected to keep the prices for employed professionals at a very low premium while the rates for self-employed people will continue to rise at least annually if not quarterly.

The truth is self-employed professionals tend to diagnose, counsel, prescribe, recommend, suggest, treat and attempt to cure clients more than employed professionals.

The exception is those self-employed professionals who coach, demonstrate, educate, empower, instruct, mentor, supervise, teach, train and tutor their clients to control their own destiny by making their own health, natural therapies, nutrition and wellness decisions.

These self-employed professionals can save a lot of money by becoming a private association.

You have several options to become employed:

    • Seek employment with a licensed professional health provider.

    • Form an LLC, corporation or partnership that hires you and provides you with a W-2 at the end of the year.

    • Form a private health association that hires you and provides you with a W-2 at the end of the year.

Working for somebody else is sure to lower your standard of living. Paying taxes for both your company and yourself is an inefficient use of resources. Forming your own private association is more economical in the long run. Most private associations pay for themselves in two to three years.

Most private associations pay for themselves in less then two years. You go to work for the association as an expert in your profession and you save money too. It's really a win-win situation.

You save money on insurance as an employee of your own private association. You also enjoy many other benefits as an employee of a nonprofit education association. It really is a win-win situation.

By law if you are employed by a nonprofit organization, you are an employee. You are not self-employed. Your employer pays your wages, withholds your taxes and pays for all the other benefits of your employment.

By law if you are contracted by a nonprofit organization, you are not an employee. You are self-employed. You pay your own taxes as a self-employed person.

Investigate the possibilities. Do the math and decide for yourself. If this is something you might consider, we suggest you research becoming a private association.

Back to Index of Articles